Friday, April 13, 2012

We're Here!

Our first blog from Kisumu, and I'm already at a loss for words.
Kenya has to be one of the most beautiful places on Earth.  

Internet has been down here at the house, which I'm learning is pretty common, so I may not be updating very often.  As I type, I'm sitting next to Kevin, a day student from Agape.  He just came down to visit and play with "the visitors".  That would be my children.  Wait, now we have another guest, Douglas.  Let's put it this way....Pictures and blogs can not scratch the surface of what the Pages do here.  

On the plane from London to Nairobi, I met a woman that was curious why we'd bring our family to Kenya.  After explaining that we were visiting friends at Agape in Kisumu, she exclaimed, "Oh, I know Agape!  It is a very upstanding ministry.  You're money will go far there.  Unfortunately, it doesn't at so many."  That spoke very highly of their reputation.  

We did visit Agape yesterday for the first time.  Again, it's difficult to describe how I felt or what I saw.  I do know this...this ministry is vital and glorifying our Lord.  It was the last day school, the kids were overjoyed to be on break and our kids loved every minute.  They are begging to go back.  

Jonathan and Chris rode several hours today to return four boys to their homes.  The guys are home now from their adventurous day.  Jonathan can post the next blog.  He has some stories to tell!



At RDU about to start our journey


The kids were not very impressed with airplane food.


Our first night under mosquito nets. 


African Inland Mission:  Mayfield  Our home away from home the first night here.  Chris picked us up at the airport and brought us here for the night.  


Before our flight to Kisumu, we took a walk to shops in Nairobi.  This is a pic from the walk back to Mayfield.


We're finally here and I'm greeted with a birthday celebration!!  



We had a great first day at Agape.  Looking forward to going back tomorrow.  My kids love it there.


Tammy, Michael and me at Agape


The boys were very intrigued by Lyla and Rachel.  They called them "the dolls" and thought they were twins.


Jumping rope with my new friends!  They were not impressed.


Rachel likes the Pages' turtles.


Kids putting on a show with streamers.  This photo really makes me laugh.


Samuel playing leap-turtle.


Tammy teaching Jonathan to play Five Crowns.


He won!  Evidently he had a good teacher.

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear from you and how things are going. Praying for y'all that the Lord will use all of you in a mighty way to minister to the people you come in contact with as well as the boys at Agape. We love you and miss you and cannot wait to hear all about your trip! Love all the pics...give the kids a hug and kiss from me, Uncle Justin and Presley...and of course my brother too! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete