Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I am so grateful for this experience...

Photos from the past two days...


Yesterday, I stopped by Agape with Tammy.  It took me a while to find my husband, who'd spent the morning there tutoring boys.  I came around the corner to find him playing volleyball.  This just made me smile!


Evidently his team won, because they were so excited.


Jonathan finally spotted me and came over to find Daniel and I giving our best Luo stares.


LOL  Here is Charles doing his best impersonation of a baboon!!  He thought our story from the safari was so funny.  Can't wait to show him the video tomorrow...


Chore time


Lego time


This is the most intense I've seen the boys.  They love legos.


We love legos tooooooo...


Buddies...Samson and Daniel


RAT attack!!!


We've heard some squeaking from the attic the past few weeks, so the guys set traps.  This is the closest Jonathan will come to hunting in Kenya! ha


They found four dead rats total.  Again, they are our heroes!


Bedtime Monday night...all of Samuel's teeth are still intact.  


Today, I took the older kids for a walk up Ring Road.


Hannah greeting some kids


They were so delighted to see their photo with the our kids.


A Beautiful Boda


We decided to walk all the way to the Nakumatt.  I bought the kids sodas and we took a tuk tuk home.  It was a fun adventure!


Michael's craft store donated model car kits for the boys.  This was a huge surprise for them today, and they did a great job.


Steve and boys following instructions


This activity took almost two hours and the boys enjoyed every minute.


I can't wait to show these photos to the manager at Michael's in Garner that donated all of these cars.


Of course a make shift ramp was constructed!


All of the boys with their model cars...
The boys on break will be returning to Agape this weekend.  These cars will go into the toy storage for  Agape so that all the boys can enjoy the model cars.


Our kids watching Tom and Jerry


All of the boys watching Tom and Jerry


Tom and Jerry crosses all cultural lines.  It was so fun to watch the boys watch this cartoon!


Love that smile


Rachel...just a swingin


Seth playin in the dirt


Sut chillin by the basketball goal


Jonathan and Sut climbed the b-ball goal.


Jonathan posed for a pic with his friend Daniel that made him this ring.


Brian, Jonathan, and JJ


Story time with Daddy


Will tonight be the night??


Samuel lost his first tooth in Kisumu, Kenya on May 1, 2012!!!


Look at that bloody smile!  His Daddy promised him 500 shillings.  That's big money!  The way we were screaming, the Pages probably thought we'd seen another baboon!

Today, while chatting with David, the guard on duty at Agape, he asked several questions about the US.  He was really interested to know why most Americans own bibles that they do not read and also why our money states "In God We Trust" if some Americans do not put their faith in God.  Those were really good questions.  He said at one point, "Come what may, I know I will always have Jesus.  Even in death, I am His".  I am really glad I chose to greet him and stand to listen rather than just saying hello as I passed by. 

Tomorrow, Tammy and I will be tie dying sheets for the boys dorms at Agape.  I'm sure I'll have pictures of the process to share.  We'll let you know if we catch any more rats too!

No comments:

Post a Comment